“And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.” –Mark 10:16
We believe that the church should provide ministries for our youth so that they can develop an understanding of Christian values in a setting that is appropriate for young people.
Youth Group is open to any student in 6th grade – 12th grade (middle school or high school). Please feel free to bring a friend. We will meet every other Wednesday throughout the school year. Please see calendar online or on the youth bulletin board at church.
“Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.” –Ephesians 5:9-10
The top ten reasons to consider Scouting as a ministry of the local church: outreach, evangelism, intergenerational, coeducational, UMM ministry, mission, God and country program, development of servant leaders (friends, followers, fishermen), intentional outreach ministry and to save souls.
The Pack and Troop are chartered to Yorkville United Methodist Church through the United Methodist Men group. The Pack and the Troop have monthly committee meetings of the adults to plan and review the events and outings of the respective organizations.
Cub Scout Pack
- The Cub Scout Pack is open to boys from first through fifth grade.
- The Pack meets once per month at Yorkville elementary school.
- Each grade comprises one or two Dens of six to eight boys per Den, and the Pack is made up of all the Dens.
- The Dens meet at homes, at the church, and/or the school twice per month.
- The Cub Scout boys attend summer camp at Camp Oh-Da-Ko-Ta near Burlington.
- The Pack has outings to museums, fire stations, police stations, and other attractions.
- The Pack raises funds by selling popcorn and hosting car washes.
Boy Scout Troop
- Boy Scouts are boys from ages ten and a half to eighteen, or sixth grade through high school.
- The Boy Scout Troop is divided into Patrols of six to eight boys per patrol.
- Peer-elected youth leaders lead the Troop.
- The Troop has one outing per month, typically a camping outing.
- The Troop meets every Monday, except holidays, throughout the year either at the Yorkville elementary school or the Yorkville United Methodist Church.
- The Troop raises funds by selling wreaths, popcorn, and fruit.
- The Troop provides services to the community by participating in the Adopt-a-Highway program and the Union Grove Super Saturday event.
- The Troop attends a week-long summer camp at Robert S. Lyle camp in Elcho Wisconsin.
K.I.C.K Choir (Kid’s In Christ’s Kingdom)
“Sing to the Lord a new song…” — Isaiah 42:10
It is a great joy to hear youthful voices singing songs of praise to the Lord! Our Children’s Choir sings contemporary Christian songs and offers kids an opportunity for fellowship. To read more about why our church values music, please see our Importance of Music section. The Yorkville United Methodist Church Children’s Choir:
- Meets on Sunday mornings.
- Consists of children 6 years to middle school age.
- Sings during several worship services throughout the year.
- Sings during Christmas program.
Come and sing with us!
“…be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.” –2 Chronicles 15:7
During the summer, dedicated youth and adults serve in a work camp. The purpose of the work camp is to help people in need or to assist a church agency in its ministry. Several work camps have helped our United Methodist Camps in Wisconsin.
Youth need to be in middle school to high school to participate. Persons attending need to be in good health and able to do physical work. Check out our Camps page for more on other types of camps available. Activities during work camp may include:
- Cleaning up debris from wind storms.
- Yard work.
- Assembling health and student kits.
- Recreation & Fellowship.
You are invited to help us do the Lord’s work through service ministry!